The Nouvelle Generation Chamber Orchestra is pleased to invite young and emerging composers of any nationality, under the age of 35, to submit a new composition on the theme of “Dances of the World“.
The winning composition will be performed at the Orchestra’s “Piazzolla Seasons and Dances of the World” concert, which will take place on January 24, 2015 at Salle Claude-Champagne in Montreal, Canada. The winning composer will receive a professional recording of their work in the weeks following the concert *.
Requirements of the Work
- The composition should be 7 to 10 minutes long.
- The instrumentation must be for string orchestra (4+4+3+2+1).
- The work should address the required theme. The composition should contain elements of dance and may include fragments or combinations of one or more existing ethnic dance themes.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS and GUIDELINES:
- Unpublished and unperformed works only.
- Composers must be under age 35 as of January 1, 2015.
- Submissions are limited to one composition per composer.
- Two printed and bound copies of the score must be submitted. The score should be clearly marked with the name of composer, title of work, and duration.
- Submitted scores must include CD with recording (MP3, AIFF, MIDI or WAV)
- Please see and complete the APPLICATION FORM by including all relevant information.
- Submitted materials must be sent via post only. If a customs form is required, please indicate the package contains promotional materials only and is not commercial merchandise.
- Address all competition materials to the following address:
CORE Business Centre
c/o Orchestre Nouvelle Generation
Montreal (QC) H4A 1E9
Submissions must be received by December 15, 2014.
- The winner will be notified by December 22, 2014.
- The winner will be required to supply performance materials by no later than January 5, 2015.
- Composers attending the performance is much appreciated but not required. The Orchestra will provide composers with a CD and/or DVD of the performance.
*Please note that this recording shall be restricted to promotional use only.
- Returning your score:
If you would like your score and MIDI recording returned, please enclose a self-addressed envelope with the correct Canada postage.
- The copyright remains with the composer.
For any further queries, please contact us at email@example.com.
* Winners from previous years are not eligible to participate.