Dear young musicians, parents and teachers,
The Nouvelle Generation Chamber Orchestra (ONG) is pleased to invite young, talented musicians aged
14 and under to audition for a chance to play in one of the Tomorrow’s Stars pre-concert performances
during the ONG’s 2017-2018 season.
Short pre-concert performances of 10 to 20 minutes, by one or two young musicians or a small ensemble,
will be held before ONG concerts in the lobby at the mezzanine entrance of Salle Claude Champagne on
Saturday, November 18, 2017, Thursday, March 8, 2018, Saturday, April 7, 2018, and Saturday, June 2,
The young musicians who are chosen will have their names (along with their teacher’s) printed in the
program and be awarded with a total of four complimentary tickets as well as the possibility to
purchase additional tickets at a special rate.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES:
- Must be aged 14 or younger as of June 2, 2018.
- Auditions will be held on Sunday, October 29, 2017 in room B-421 of the University of Montreal (200 Vincent-d’Indy Avenue) between the hours of 1pm and 6pm
- The work(s) to be performed during the audition shall be the same as those to be performed during the pre-concert and shall not exceed 10 minutes. The musician should provide their own accompanist (for the audition and the pre-concert), if the work performed requires one. *Note to pianists – the space for the pre-concert contains one upright piano. Please choose repertoire accordingly. No concerto that requires piano accompaniment should be performed.
- No entry fee is required.
- Applications should be sent to [email protected]
- Applications must be received by October 15,2017
- Please use the subject heading: Tomorrow’s Stars audition 2017-2018
- Please send the completed application form below and provide all relevant information
Adult $40 • Senior $35 • Student $25
By phone at: (514) 587-2477
We accept VISA / MC
At 200, Vincent-d'Indy Ave, Montreal, QC
Information (514) 343-6427
The night of the event
At Salle Claude-Champagne / Pollack Hall Box Office, starting 2 hours before the start of the concert